#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

Monday, December 8, 2008

Things I Miss (For No Apparent Reason)



1. The Montreal Expos. Not so much the team as things like a bi-lingual PA announcer (Gary Cart-AIR), that cool logo (it's an M! and ELB!), and little bits of their history...Spike Dee Owen.

2. Dire Straits. A guilty pleasure band, and it should be noted I hated their pop music like Money for Nothing. Loved when they did 15-minute songs like Telegraph Road. Trips from Jersey to Carolina went a little smoother with the sounds of Knopfler.

3. Goebel's. I do recall a six-pack was, at times, less than a buck.

4. Straight-on kickers. Will we ever see another?





5. The sound of a skateboard with clay wheels. With real ball bearings.

6. A MLB player who can wear a flapless helmet because he's grandfathered (Domingo Ramos).

7. My Jeep (soft top, no AC).

8. The days when a kid could play ball until Mom rang the cowbell to come home.

"Coming Mom!"

9. Big O's at Sutton's.

10. About 40 percent of my 401k.

11. The days when my son (now 12) thought I was cool.

12. When saying something "sucks" was not 100% acceptable.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Skateaway...that's all.

Jeff Bradley said...

Yeah, life's a roller ball.