#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tubular


I've got boys 10 and 12 years old and they don't believe me when I tell them that when I was their age, all I wanted for Christmas was tube socks. That's right, tube socks, and my folks delivered with soft and comfy tube socks that were always striped in the colors of NFL teams. The maroon and gold of the Redskins. The Aqua and Orange of the Dolphins. The Kelly and White of the Jets, (before the Jets went Forest on us). The Orange and Brown of the Browns and the Orange and Black of the Bengals, not to mention the Royal and White of the Colts. The Baltimore Colts.

Tube socks will make a comeback. Trust me. (What's that? They have, already.) OK, forget it. I need a couple pair.

(The part about tubes socks being "all" I wanted is a lie.) I'm almost certain I got an air hockey table when I was 12. And I'm certain it was 13 when I got Atari.

2 comments:

Jedz said...

I was a Wigwams guy

Jeff Bradley said...

Wigwams folded over the tops of your Chuck Taylor Converse.