#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

#BuckFiftyADay Since March, 2014

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Long Run Friday Set List

Sometimes life gets in the way of training, so I had to cut Long Run Friday to 13 miles today (to St. Rose and Back). I had planned on going 16-18, oh well. I just want to thank my brother Scott for instilling in me a crazy fear of geese. Scott was attacked by a goose a few years back while running in Princeton. Actually had to body slam the dang thing after trying to kick it two or three times. Ever since he told me that story, whenever I run by geese (today I ran THROUGH hundreds in Spring Lake) the hair on the back of my neck stands up and I await a brawl.

Luckily, the geese left me alone today. My legs are not feeling so good lately. Knee pain, foot pain. Wondering if I've pushed too hard too soon? My weight is not dropping as I'd hoped and pigging out at Leggett's last night probably won't help. I'm about to go on (hopefully only) the 7-Day DL for something non-running-related (that's trainer speak), and I'm hoping those days off will help my body heal. April 21st seems like it's flying at me.


Here's The Long-Run Friday Song List...I put about 55% of it together myself and let the "Genius" do the rest. Not bad. Eventually I've got to dedicate myself to putting a real list up.

The Harder They Come, Jimmy Cliff
I Am A Patriot, Jackson Browne
I Miss You, Blink 182
I'm Shipping Up to Boston, Dropkick Murphys
Til Kingdom Come, Coldplay
Inside My Head, The Connells
American Girls, Counting Crows
A-Punk, Vampire Weekend
Back on the Chain Gang, The Pretenders
Born Under A Good Sign, Teenage Fanclub
Caravan, Van Morrison
Fort Hood, Mike Doughty
Hey Mockingbird, Dillon Fence
A Minor Incident, Badly Drawn Boy
Tiny Dancer, Ben Folds
Run, Ben Kweller
Rue De Lis, The Essex Green
Oxford Comma, Vampire Weekend
Off The Record, My Morning Jacket
Portions for Foxes, Rilo Kiley
Club Foot, Kasabian
Mr. Pitiful, Matt Costa
See The World, Gomez
Mansard Roof, Vampire Weekend
Catch My Disease, Ben Lee
Sweet Jane, The Velvet Underground
The Killing Moon, Echo and the Bunnymen
Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
I'm Amazed, My Morning Jacket
Saint Simon, The Shins
To Be Alone with You, Sufjan Stevens
Across the Universe, Rufus Wainwright

No comments: